The Plasma Mobile team is happy to present the blogpost with updates from week 9 and 10.
Kaidan, the Jabber/XMPP client, has had multiple changes merged, including a branch from pasnox to overhaul multimedia messages. This new change allows to:
- Send voice and video messages from within the application.
- Take photos from within the application.
- Share your location in chat messages.
- Play videos and sounds directly in the chats.
Kaidan also gained the capability to search through messages.
Jonah Brüchert merged several improvements in Spacebar, the application used to send SMS messages.
- Use unicode emojis instead of a custom emoji picker.
- Added a loading animation in the chats page.
- Some general visual improvements on the conversation page. There is more space for messages and the input field has a more chat-app like design.
Spacebar was updated in postmarketOS by Bhushan Shah so that SMS now works correctly on supported devices.
Nicolas Fella committed a change to sort the contacts list and add section delegates. It now also shows the fallback avatar if a contact doesn’t have a picture.
Want to be part of it?
Next time your name could be here! To find out the right task for you, from promotion to core system development, check out Find your way in Plasma Mobile. We are also always happy to welcome new contributors on our public channels. See you there!